Sunday, May 27, 2012

Why Thank You...


{Gray & Yellow Thank You Notes}

It does not get better than this. Sunday afternoon.  Birds singing.  Sun peaking in through the trees.  Brownies baking.  Dog peacefully snoring (just like her daddy). Ahhh...time for a craft.

Don't tell my mom this, but I am pretty terrible at thank you notes.  I love the idea of hand-written notes, but often between figuring out the address, finding a stamp, and remembering to put it in the mailbox, something goes wrong.  A quick text or email ends up winning, which is still nice, but there's just something about opening a card in the mail that means so much.  Well, after today I'm at least stocked with cute thank you notes (we'll see if they actually make it to the mailbox!).
I'm on a gray and yellow kick, so I found some scrap paper and other supplies and decided to go for it.  The cards all a little different, and each was fun to make.  To top it off, the whole project used about $2 worth of supplies!

To start, I stamped thank you onto yellow and white cardstock using a small black ink pad and mini letter stamps (ink & stamps can be found in the dollar bin at Michael's).  My stamping skills are far from perfect, but I think the little imperfections add a nice homemade touch.  Next, I used different shaped punches (also from Michael's) to cut out the thank you in different shapes.  From there, I glued on paper, lace, and twine to create simple, sweet card.  Here are some of the supplies that came in handy:

Whatever the occasion, whatever the colors, I hope these cards bring a smile not only to the recipient, but also to you!







No comments:

Post a Comment